Greg Stemen does laidback color analysis for men’s college basketball games on Midco Sports Network. He is a North Dakota guy - born there, grew up there and still lives there, but his coaching claim to fame was as the head coach at Southwest Minnesota State University from 2001-2009.
In the Midco Sports Network Podcast we talk with Greg about:
- His winding path in and out (and in and out again) of coaching and the reasons why.
- His relationship with current Nebraska head coach Tim Miles, and how the Huskers still have an unwanted distinction when it comes to the NCAA tournament.
- His successful run as the head coach at Southwest Minnesota State University, and the story of how he was on the verge of getting fired, but tied the school record for wins in his final season and then poetically walked away from coaching.
- How he had an offer to get back into coaching, but turned it down and eventually got his hoops fix by becoming a TV analyst.
- A few thoughts on South Dakota State University and North Dakota State University – and how he thinks they will finish in Summit League men’s basketball in the 2018-2019 season.