After dismantling Drake 77-7 in its season opener, South Dakota (1-0) has now shifted its focus to a much more formidable foe.
Bob Nielson's team will wrap up its two-game road trip Saturday against Bowling Green (0-1), an FBS program that competes in the Midwest Athletic Conference (MAC).
Kickoff is set for 5 p.m. CST at Doyt L. Perry Stadium in Bowling Green, Ohio.
- This will be the first ever meeting between South Dakota and Bowling Green.
- The Falcons are 7-1 in home openers over the last eight years.
- BGSU is 9-0 against FCS opponents since 2000.
- Bowling Green is 13-2 all-time against MVFC opponents.
- South Dakota is 1-8 in its last nine games against FBS opponents (Minnesota, 2010).
- USD is seeking its first 2-0 start since 2006.
- The Coyotes have not won consecutive road games since 2008.
South Dakota's win over Drake was the single most dominating performance I have witnessed in my five plus years covering the team. In the days that followed, I had several people ask me what the Coyotes really gained from the experience. My thoughts on that, as well an in-depth look at this week's matchup against Bowling Green, is the focus of the latest MidcoSN Podcast featuring Argus Leader Media's Mick Garry.