Rapid City Stevens headed east to play some good teams in Huron and Mitchell over the weekend. They lost to Huron in five after winning the first and third sets, but they came back strong with a win over ranked Mitchell on Saturday. Stevens is the first team in South Dakota Class AA to reach 20 wins.
- Harrisburg 17-1 Sam Slaughter got her 1,000th career kill, and the Tigers are playing at a high level right now. They beat Brandon Valley in a hard-fought five set match on Tuesday. Slaughter tallied another big night with 26 kills, 21 digs and an astounding 10 blocks.
- SF Roosevelt 16-9 Went to Lakeville (MN) over the weekend and saw some great competition. Took a few losses but also a few wins. Six of their nine losses have been to Minnesota teams.
- RC Stevens 20-5 Big win over Mitchell on Saturday but lost in five to Huron on Friday. Saturday they played relatively error-free and beat a good team. Elizabeth Schaefer had 13 kills and 16 digs against Mitchell. Schaefer is just a sophomore, but is averaging about 3.5 kills per set, while Cate Whiting may be the best setter in the state at 9.9 assists per set.
- Mitchell 15-5 District 3 still looks up for grabs, but Mitchell is still the favorite. Huron, Aberdeen and Pierre are all looking good, but the young Kernels still lead the way.
- SF O'Gorman 16-12 The record doesn't reflect how good the Lady Knights are playing. They went to Sioux City this weekend and lost three set matches to some very good competition. Now they head west to take on Rapid City Stevens and Central this Friday night.
NOTE: Huron's Karissa Schroder had a 34 kill match against RC Stevens on Friday.
The biggest match of the season for Legacy and Century took place at Legacy's gym on Saturday. Legacy was coming off a Thursday loss to Jamestown, their first in conference, but they are still considered Century's biggest threat. The Patriots came in with a perfect 10-0 mark in the WDA and only one set loss in conference play. Century won the first set 25-20 and continued their winning ways with a 25-21 win in set two.
On set three the tides turned, Legacy not only came out with a win but really outplayed their opponents for a 25-16 win. But Century stopped the momentum right there and closed out the match with a 25-11 in set four. Regan Dennis led the way with 16 kills, but Liza Doppler and Katelyn Selensky also added 15 kills. Hannah Schwartz had 24 assists and Sidney Mann led with 20 digs on defense. That win was worth two in the standings since they only meet once in the regular season, so a huge win for Century.
- Bismarck Century 30-2 Beat Minot on Tuesday 3-0; at Williston Wednesday. Big conference win on Saturday over Legacy.
- Bismarck Legacy 24-8 They are at Mandan Wednesday night to rebound off of a two game losing streak.
- GF Red River 22-6 Beat GF Central Tuesday night with Maggie Steffan once again racking up 11 kills while Lexi Robson added 21 assists.
- WF Sheyenne 21-7 lost to West Fargo on Tuesday but remain among the top teams in the state. That loss broke their 8 match win-streak.
- Shanley 21-8 Beat Wahpeton Tuesday with teh help of Kylie Kanwischer and Katie Roberts who each had 9 kills and got 29 assists from Julie Vetter.