We recently announced that Midco Sports Network® and Augustana University have teamed up to unveil the newest MidcoSN® original program, Augustana All Access. With that, it is with sincere excitement that I introduce myself as the host.
My name is Carla Metts, and it is likely that I’ve seen many of you on the sidelines at various sporting events this past season. I’m originally from Georgia, hence the accent if we ever get the chance to talk.
Although I did not grow up in this area, I’ve gotten well acquainted with how wonderful athletics are in the Upper Midwest. Since August 2015, I’ve covered both high school and college sports from Fargo, ND, to Vermillion, SD. What a ride it has been – especially for the Augustana community.
It was great to see so much passion from players and fans during the 2015-16 season, and rightfully so.
- The men’s basketball team stole the national spotlight after a 34-2 season, winning the NCAA DII Basketball Championship.
- The women’s basketball team had over 20 wins for the season and kept fans on the edge of their seats as they prevailed through some tight games during the NSIC Tournament.
- The football team split the NSIC South Division title and advanced to the postseason after an undefeated season in Kirkeby-Over Stadium.
Shall I go on? Okay.
- The soccer team won the NSIC Championship.
- The women’s tennis team won its fifth straight NSIC Championship.
- The women’s golf team won its seventh straight NSIC Championship.
- The cross country men’s and women’s team placed nationally – 13th for the women and seventh for the men.
- And the men’s and women’s track and field teams placed second and third, respectfully, in the NSIC Outdoor Championship.
All that to say, I’m thrilled for the opportunity to join the Augustana community and cover all of your elite teams this next season.
Our new Augustana All Access show will air every Tuesday night at 5:30 PM CT starting August 30. We’ve got some fun things prepared to get Augie students and fans involved in the show. So if you don’t already, be sure to follow everyone on Twitter for the latest information on how you can get more of an exclusive, hands-on experience with Augustana All Access this season: @MidcoSN, @MettsMidcoSN and @GoAugie. You can follow MidcoSN on Facebook, too.
I look forward to seeing you throughout the season!