Andera’s Preseason Power Rankings
South Dakota 11AAA
- SF Roosevelt – The Riders have the most offensive talent in the state, will they be able to keep other teams off the scoreboard enough to stay at the top?
- SF Lincoln – The Pats lost a lot of talent but get used to the names Braxton Large, Nickel Meyers and Isaiah Roach this year.
- SF O’Gorman – Junior quarterback Luke Fritsch gives the Knights a lot of options on offense and other juniors like Dodi Makwinja will bring the Knights game up this year. Seniors AJ Martinec and Easton Schuster supply the big play ability.
- Brandon Valley – The Lynx’ Jake Comeaux has turned into one of the best QBs in the state. Their quick play offense will generate a lot of points.
- SF Washington – Junior-heavy Washington will be a much improved team that could creep up the rankings all year long.
South Dakota 11AA
- Brookings – Mikey Daniel is back in South Dakota and looks to be the player of the year candidate in this class. Is he good enough to bring the Bobcats up to the top? The senior class is full of talent with quarterback Carter Gordon leading the way.
- Yankton – It’s easy to look at what the Bucks lost but running back Levi Davis and a lot of depth return to give Yankton a chance to go deep into the playoffs.
- Pierre – Brevin Kaiser could be the biggest surprise in this class. The junior QB has all the skills to pick up right where Alex Gray left off last year.
- Harrisburg – Unlike much of this class Harrisburg returns a ton of starters including Shaye Slaughter and Jonathan Kabambi leading the offensive attack.
- Mitchell – Kanin Nelson could emerge as one of the top QBs in this class but Mitchell will have to find some depth to compete all year long.
South Dakota 11A
- Dell Rapids – Riley Schmidt could have a breakout season for Dells and with four starters back on defense the Quarriers are my favorite.
- West Central – Cody Bussell and Jace Hanisch will try to lead the Trojans back to the dome this year. Kent Mueller has a fast squad that should be in the hunt for another title.
- Madison – Madison has some new names but they are still talented. Mason Hemmer will carry the Bulldogs.
- Hot Springs – A young roster is is talented but there may be some growing pains early in the season.
- Tea Area – Tea has built a great program and will have good depth, but they lack top-end playmakers to advance deep inthe playoffs.
South Dakota 11B
- Parkston – Ton of talent including Wes Dvorak, Miles Semmler, Brady Reiff
- St. Thomas More -Matt Eastmo is back throwing the ball for a high powered offense.
- Winner -Nathan Galbraith and Sam Naasz waited their turn and will lead the Warriors. Need to reload at line.
- Aberdeen Roncalli — Zach Lundquist might be the best QB in the class. Threw for 1209 yds 20 TDs last year. Anthony Andera and Colton Cox running the ball.
- Tri-Valley – Nick Buchmann leads the offense that started to gel at the end of last year. 5 starters back on offense four on D.
South Dakota 9-Man
- Arlington – Andrew King threw for 1252 yds 14 TDs plus 17 TDs running. Luke Weber runs the ball as well as anyone in the class. Kyle Stegeman and Brody Gilbertson blocking up front.
- Bridgewater-Emery/Ethan – Wade Weber at QB and Jordan Grosdidier at RB give the Seahawks a chance to be at the top.
- Avon – Devon Tolsma and Logan Mudder. Tolsma ran for 1300 plus. Kole Beeson and Brendan Anderson can also make plays.
- Kurt Braun is the best dual threat QB in the class.
- Lost a 4 point thriller to Leola last year in the semis. Have SDSU recruit Lorenzo Williams
- Howard – Luke Loudenberg is threatening records and will be the best RB in 9-man football.
- Potter County – Caleb Meinke will pass this year. Colton Hall will run. 8 starters back should give the Battlers a good squad.
- Hamlin – Brody Grantham is one of the top talents in 9-man football.
- Dell Rapids St. Mary – Could be the top surprise team in the class. Josh Brown 1520 yds 26 TDs last year
- Deubrook – Big line back have some holes to fill in the backfield.
North Dakota AAA
- Fargo South – James Johannesson is the hardest player to stop in the state.
- Bismarck- Watch out for the Deomons passing game, yes their passing game. Jon Tharaldsen and Hayden Gibson are excellent.
- West Fargo – Don’t be surprised if the Packers make a late season run. They are a deep and talented team led by running back Sam Olsen.
- Fargo Davies- The Hartness to Hartness connection will light up scoreboards across the state.
- Bismarck Century – Dalton Feeney and the skill players give Century a chance, but they are a little light on the lines.
North Dakota AA
- Bismarck St. Mary- 15 starters back from a championship team. Jake Heinert, Noah Krebs, Jacob Schwab on D led team in tackles. Gus Smrekar back aat QB
- Fargo Shanley Eight starters back on both sides including Danny Stasch and Tre Fort.
- Beulah – 8 offense and 6 defensive starters back. Jr. QB Casey Walcker(dual threat). Jr. RB Matthew Krizan.
- Watford City – 16 returning starters and a deep roster make Watford City a team on the up and come.
- Minot Bishop Ryan – Lost some talent and have a new coach Zach Rudolph, great line. RB Brendan Backes.
North Dakota A
- Hazen – 22 game winning streak and back to back titles. Lost 15 seniors. Connor Doll back at QB, and great line.
- Des Lacs-Burlington – Lost in the semis to Hazen; big team, need new QB. Eric Knutson big time RB
- Killdeer – Trenton Rohr QB and Lewis Dobitz RB (all-staters) are back.
- Park River-Fordville-Lankin – QB Abraham Hankey 1,277 yds 12 TDs, lot of passing weapons
- Carrington – 9 starters back on both sides from a 6-3 team last year.
North Dakota 9-Man
- Cavalier – Return 6 offense and 7 on defense. Brock Robbins, Dylon Stevenson make the Tornadoes the team to beat.
- Shiloh Christian – Lost first game in the semis last year this year they may not lost til the finals. Blake Emmel back running the ball, Zac Martin passin it. AJ Dale can run it too and is a leader on D.
- TGU – Eli Luna ran for 893, threw for 1,633 last year, he’s back with a talented group of playmakers.
- Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn – Healthy Chase Conway running the ball. Lot of returners
- LaMoure-Litchville-Marion – Two all-staters back Anthony Olson moves to RB, Parker Stemen back at QB