Game time temperature is expected to be around 54 degrees, with winds out of the west-northwest at around 20 mph.
South Dakota (4-3, 3-1 MVFC), which ended its 18-game road losing streak with last week's 38-31 double overtime win over Northern Iowa, is looking for a second consecutive road victory and fourth straight win overall.
Illinois State (3-4, 2-2 MVFC) is coming off a 55-14 romp over Indiana State, which improved them to 3-0 at home this season. The Redbirds have averaged 40 points and 420 yards of total offense in those three home victories.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind coming into this game:
- This is the Coyotes second trip to Normal. The other came in 2008, and ended with a 28-3 loss.
- Illinois State escaped Vermillion with a 34-31 win last year.
- USD quarterback Kevin Earl, the MVFC's reigning offensive player of the week, has ties to Illinois State. Earl's older brother, Preston, spent three years with the Redbirds as a walk-on.
- USD running back Trevor Bouma will be looking to surpass the 100-yard mark for the third straight game. Bouma carried a combined 58 times for 294 yards (5.1 avg), and two touchdowns in the wins over Indiana State and Northern Iowa.
- Illinois State running back Marshaun Coprich is the first Redbird to rush for 100 yards or more in three consecutive games since 2007. He had a career-high 137 yards and three touchdowns in their win over Indiana State last week. He's averaged 124 yards and scored seven touchdowns during the streak.
Follow me on Twitter (@ElsenMidcoSN) for updates, and be sure to tune in to Coyote Corner at 8 p.m. Tuesday for the complete recap of today's game.