By now, you've likely heard about the ambitious schedule that MidcoSN will be tackling this fall. You know, the one featuring 25 live college and high school football games (there's some additional volleyball coverage sprinkled in there, too).
What you may not have heard as much about is the package of high school football games that will be shown tape delayed and in high definition. This list includes 8 games--four each from North and South Dakota--that will air on Thursday nights throughout the season. Here's a look at the complete schedule, including original date of game and the initial MidcoSN air date:
- Aug. 27 (airs Sept. 1), Watertown vs. Mitchell
- Sept. 9 (Sept. 15), GF Central vs. GF-Red River
- Sept. 16 (Sept. 22), Minot vs. Mandan
- Sept. 23 (Sept. 29), Harrisburg vs. West Central
- Sept. 30 (Oct. 6), Fargo South vs. West Fargo
- Oct. 7 (Oct. 13), Yankton vs. SF Washington
- Oct. 14 (Oct. 20), Fargo North vs. GF-Red River
- Oct. 20 (Oct. 27), RC Stevens vs. RC Central
Our first "High School Football HD Game of the Week"--Watertown vs. Mitchell--will follow our live coverage of Washburn/USF on Sept. 1. If there is not a conflict with a live event, the games will air following "Varsity Sports Now," which is set to make it's MidcoSN debut on Sept. 8.
Clear your schedule, set your DVR, do whatever you need to do to make Thursdays a pigskin priority. I promise you, regional high school football has never looked this good.
***Follow @ElsenMidcoSN on Twitter for blog updates, regional sports news, MidcoSN schedules, etc.